The WhatsApp received new functions for smartphones Android , iPhone ( iOS ) and Windows Phone during the month of November. The audio lock feature has arrived for Apple mobile phones , allowing voice message sharing without having to keep the microphone button pressed. Already sending location, a tool that already existed, changed its name after the debut of the sharing in real time .
Other content about the messenger during the last month involved tips on the function of deleting sent message , with clarification of doubts about the functioning of the resource. In addition, in the early days of November, there was still the WhatsApp pirate incident , which made more than 1 million victims. Finally, on the last day of the month, the messenger left the air in several countries. See the lines below for all the latest WhatsApp news.
1. Audio lock
A function expected by anyone who submits a lot of audios to WhatsApp, the microphone latch arrived for iPhone (iOS) in the last week. The feature, already present in rival Telegram , allows the user to leave the application by recording a message without having to press the button. So your hands are free.
To run the command, simply tap the microphone icon and slide up until you see a padlock. From there it is possible to speak without touching the cell phone. In case of regret, there is a button in the center of the screen that allows you to cancel the sending. The feature has not yet been released for Android or Windows Phone users. Despite this, the messenger has a similar tool for the Google system .
2. Current Location
Location submission changed in October, when WhatsApp won the real-time sharing function . Although both tools work side-by-side in the app, some users were confused. The point of contention is in the name: the newest feature, which allows a friend to check your map step by step, is called “Share current location”; and the old option, which sends a fixed point, is “Submit your current location”. The walkthrough is similar on Android and iPhone.
3. Delete for Everyone
The “Delete for Everyone” feature, which removes messages from conversations and groups permanently, has reached all users after a discreet release in late October. One of the biggest changes in WhatsApp in months, the feature has raised doubts, so TechTudo has prepared content with questions and answers about the tool . The exclude procedure differs between messenger versions on Android , iOS, and Windows Phone . It is worth remembering that the action must be performed within the seven-minute period after the message is sent.
4. Fake Version WhatsApp
A fake version of WhatsApp , called Update WhatsApp Messenger, circulated on the Play Store , the official store of Android apps, and has been downloaded over 1 million times. Scammers used the same name as the real-life application developer WhatsApp Inc. to trick Google into attracting victims. After downloading, the software directed the user to other, potentially malicious downloads, and released legitimate WhatsApp access to avoid suspicion. The search giant removed the fake app, but failed to clarify whether the case was due to a failure of the Google Play Protect protection mechanism .
As the coup mimicked the name of the company behind WhatsApp, it ended up dribbling up the analysis of the most attentive users. Therefore, it is important to check other features of a download before downloading. Here are tips to protect yourself:
- Check the “Editor’s Choice” badge:Developers tagged with this flag have been verified by Google and have gained a more respectable level after a long time of user base consolidation. The tactic does not fit everyone, since WhatsApp itself does not get that category, but it’s an alternative to other apps.
- Read reviews before downloading:reviews of users who have downloaded an application help to understand if it is potentially dangerous or not. See if people’s opinions praise or point out bugs in the app. In this second scenario, you’d prefer not to download.
- Check Number of Downloads:A simple way to avoid falling into a scam like WhatsApp’s is by repairing the number of downloads. While the pirated app has been downloaded 1 million times, the real app has already broken the 1 billion barrier.
- Remove device administrators:Malicious apps may require administering the device to infect the device more deeply. It is recommended to check frequently in the settings of the cell phone which apps are allowed for this more powerful access to the system. In general, only the Android locator is allowed by default. Doubt unknown apps with too much freedom to operate on the smartphone and remove the privilege .
5. WhatsApp Out of Air
Finally, on the last day of the month, WhatsApp faced instability and was out of the air in several countries for about half an hour. The failure affected the sending and receiving of messages by the app over the Internet 3G / 4G, as well as the Wi-Fi network. In a note, the application acknowledged the global problem and apologized to users. Despite this, the company did not report the reasons for the instability.
What is WhatsApp and how does it work?
WhatsApp is a small program that is installed on the cell phone and allows us to send text messages, multimedia messages such as videos, images, audio, even voice notes. It is not very complicated to install on the mobile device and it is available for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia and Windows Phone. You can contact any other user who also has the WhatsApp system installed and activated regardless of which phone company it is, it does not even matter if it is within the same country because the connection is directly through the Internet either data plan or wifi without requiring any additional expense.
How to install WhatsApp:
Depending on the type of operating system of the phone, whether for iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Nokia and Windows Phone, you can download this application from the gallery of applications for free, although some users have already had to pay an annual dollar for the service. In addition to downloading and installing the service, you must have an internet connection to operate the sending and receiving data. When downloading will request
- For Android operating system (Samsung, Sony, Xioami, ) Click Here to download .
- For iOS operating system (iPhone) Click Here to download .
Show Comments (0)